Valentine Liver Nibbles for Dogs or Cats
This recipe used heart-shaped or other cookie cutters to make pretty treats as a gift for your pet or his or her boyfriends and girlfriends. For Valentines Day or other special occasions.
2 cups fresh raw chicken (organic best)
2 free range eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups instant quinoa flakes
3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup dried cranberries or blueberries
1 clove fresh garlic crushed
1 tsp of dried basil
Filtered water sufficient to make a batter
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F)
2. Process the liver in a blender or food processor until completely pureed
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour in the oil
4. Add the pureed liver
5. Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, stirring continuously so they are thoroughly combined. Add water gradually until you have a batter consistency.
6. Pour this batter into a flat 1 1/2 to 2” cake tin. (no Teflon or aluminum*)
7. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 50 minutes
8. Cool in the tin until able to be handled, then gently turn the cake out onto a rack and refrigerate to cool completely. (in case of thievery too as they will be watching since this smells so yummy)
9. Use heart-shaped or other cookie cutters to gently press out individual shapes (or if don’t have a cookie cutter cut into bite-sized pieces.
Adapted from the Honest Kitchen “Made Out of Love” Cookbook, Page 47
*Please do not use Teflon or aluminum as they have been know to be toxic for humans and animals.