Pumpkin Bites for Dogs (& People)
Easy to make and delicious. The cranberries also make them well suited to pets who are prone to urinary tract infections
1 cup boiled and mashed pumpkin (can use butternut squash or sweet potatoes vs pumpkin) If canned pumpkin is used, use high quality no sugar, or spices.
½ cup uncooked oatmeal
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp honey (local raw organic is best)
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 370 degrees(F) and butter a large cookie sheet (no Teflon)
2. Combine the cooked, mashed pumpkin with the oatmeal, cranberries, yeast and honey.
3. Mix well so that all the ingredients are very thoroughly combined
4. Using a teaspoon, scoop small balls on to the buttered cookie sheet
5. Make sure they are evenly spaced out about 1 inch apart and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes
6. Allow the bits to cool, and then add these nutritious goodies to your dog’s usual meal or serve them as individual treats:
Adapted from the Honest Kitchen “Made Out of Love” Cookbook
For more information on Urinary Tract concerns Ask Sheryl.